Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Osama bin Laden: it took years to find him but just minutes to kill him

Cartoon: I'm Broke and I Want Out

I want out

This cartoon by Schrank from The Independent on Sunday is a based on Larry Dunst's poster JM Flagg's'I Want You' US Army recruitment poster. (Thanks to Monique for her help on this.) for the Committee to Unsell the (Vietnam) War, which was in turn a parody of famous

COMMENTARY
The cartoon shows President Obama as Uncle Sam as a soldier begging for money (in the Dunst version, he was begging for peace). 'I Want Out' ('I Want You' in Flagg's original recruitment poster) is a reference to Obama's announcement that he plans to withdraw up to 30,000 US troops from Afghanistan (three Taliban fighters are shown in the background). Obama prefaces his plea with 'I'm broke and ...'. If you are broke, you have no money, and some commentators have suggested that Obama's Afghan retreat is a political move designed to divert money from a costly war (it costs $1.2 million a year to maintain one U.S. soldier in Afghanistan) into boosting the flagging US economy ahead of the 2012 presidential election.

1 comment:

  1. I have not read the entire text but in my opinion he is not dead. I think this is all a lie! Just believe seeing!!!

    ReplyDelete